How It Works
Pune Comic Con Cosplay Contest is a celebration of all pop culture. It is a craftsmanship award show with a registration and a stage display. All entries must represent a character or element from the pop culture realm within one of the following 5 categories:
- Comic Books/ Graphic Novels – Examples include: Superman, Spider-Man, Poison Ivy, Dr. Doom, Rogue, etc.
- Movies/Television/Animated – Examples include: Darth Vader, The Doctor, Rick Grimes, The Terminator, Daenerys Targaryen, Hit-Girl, etc.
- Gaming– Examples include: Master Chief, Sarah Kerrigan, Booker DeWitt, Lara Croft, Link, Samus Aran, etc.
- Anime/Manga –Ichigo Kurosaki, Mikasa Ackermanm, Sheryl Nome, Captain Harlock, Eva-01, etc.
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy – Examples include: Witches, Princesses, Zombies, Pirates, Vampires, Steampunk , etc.
Contestants will have to register on-ground, get their photograph clicked and then battle it out on the Main Stage for first place in their respective categories. Those first place winners will then move on to the Final round to win the Grand Prize of The Cosplay Contest.
Contestants will provide a brief costume description for the emcee to read as they cross the stage and exhibit two to three poses before exiting. No speaking or individualization of music is allowed as pre-selected music will play throughout the event. The time limit per participant on stage is approximately 30 seconds.
Our cosplay contest jury comprises of CCI content & marketing team members. As certain
shows, we might also have special guests as part of the Jury. Their feedback might be
restricted to a certain category or at times the entire contest.
In case any special guests judges are made part of the jury, the same would be announced
Contestants will be judged on a point scale by the jury on the following criteria:
- Craftsmanship – how the entrant made their costume, use of materials and creativity.
- Likeness/Detail – how close the contestant resembles the character they are cosplaying/detail on costume
- Presentation – how the entrant portrays themselves as the character they are cosplaying
Please Note The Contest Jury’s decision is final.
Prizes will be awarded based on judge rankings in each of the following categories: Comic Books/ Graphic Novels Movies/Television/Animated Video Games Anime/Manga Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Please note: these are the categories currently planned, but Comic Con India reserves the right to adjust the categories based on entries received.
- Comic Books/ Graphic Novels – To Be Announced Soon
- Movies/Television/Animated – To Be Announced Soon
- Video Games – To Be Announced Soon
- Anime/Manga – To Be Announced Soon
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy – To Be Announced Soon
Registration for the daily cosplay contest will be on-site. On-site as in at the venue during the event days, you’ll have to come in costume to register. Please note everyone entering the show (with or without costume) would need to purchase a ticket.
Grand Prize Winner (All 2 Days) – INR 50,000 Cash
Pune Comic Con Cosplay Contest Rules
- All entrants must be 16 or older to compete. And must have a valid (at least 1 year from show dates) Indian passport in order to qualify to win the Grand Prize.
- All selected contestants are responsible for all expenses related to competing in the PCC Cosplay Contest including all lodging and travel to and from the convention center. All contestants must have valid PCC Ticket & Wristband for the day of the contest.
- A contestant may participate in the PCC Cosplay Contest only once each day. Applicants may not register multiple times with multiple costumes. A contestant can only enter once and only wear one costume each day
- Group costumes are not allowed as part of the contest. However maybe allowed on stage during cosplay parade.
- No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power it must be part of your costume design.
- Contestants are responsible for their own belongings. We are unable to provide a secure area for personal items. We recommend bringing an assistant to help with belongings.
- No nudity. All costumes should provide enough coverage to be worn in public and should be in good taste and appropriate for a family-friendly show. Gore, graphic violence, or other objectionable elements may be grounds for disqualification as determined by the judges or Comic Con India (CCI) Staff.
- Costume cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which CCI wishes to associate with
- Costume cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
- No profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- No political or religious statements are allowed on stage or during judging. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- Costumes cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Costumes cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Costume cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about CCI or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Costume cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which CCI wishes to associate; and
- Costume cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
- Please refrain from wearing or using any substances that may potentially interfere with another participant’s costume. If you are wearing body paint or make-up, please make sure it will not come in contact with others. Do not leave anything on stage that could damage the other costumes. Do not leave anything on stage at all.
- Your costume must allow movement with limited assistance. Your costume must not impede your ability to get on and off stage. Furthermore, your costume cannot be built on stage.
- All prop weapons must conform to the CCI Weapons Policy. The following items are forbidden at all CCI Shows & Partner events:
- Functional firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas
- Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of cardboard, foam, wood or other light materials. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips.
- Wings, large props, or large costumes are just fine, but if your costume is over 8 feet tall, or 4 feet wide you may not fit through the doors. If possible, make wings and other parts that make your costume detachable. We have no limit on the size of costumes or props, but ask that you be safe and aware while on stage. You will be responsible for ALL damage to the stage, lighting, technical aspects or any convention property.
- In case of any issue of harassment on the event premises, get in touch with CCI staff or a member of Security immediately. Comic Con India will not tolerate any sort of harassment of our attendees whether they are in costume or not. Check Out Our ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY
- Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
- Release: By accepting a prize, each Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (if any), and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents; from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- CCI reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond CCI’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. CCI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, CCI reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. CCI’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: CCI is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical errors, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, CCI, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein.
- The Contest Jury’s decision is final.